Personal information is collected by the Brio Living company listed below on behalf of Brio Living and its trading entities.
Brio Living Ltd.
PO Box 41162 RPO Winfield South
Lake Country, BC V4V 1Z7
We collect personally identifiable information about you (your “Data”) through:
• The use of enquiry and registration forms
• Your purchase of any our products or services
• The provision of your details to us either online or offline
The elements of your Data that we collect may include:
• Job title
• Company name, address, phone and fax number
• Home address and phone number
• Mobile telephone number
• E-mail address
• Payment details such as credit card information
• Date of birth
• Educational history, work experience and other similar information
• Market research data such as readership patterns and usage statistics
We may also collect information that we request from you regarding your use of our service or that we collect automatically about your visit to our sites. Please see our Cookies Policy for more details.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
We use your Data for purposes which may include:
• Providing our users with personalized service or special opportunities
• Processing orders, registrations and enquiries.
• Improving our products or planning new products.
• Conducting market research surveys.
• Allowing users to participate in interactive features of our service, where they choose to do so.
• Providing reports to our clients containing information about usage under corporate licenses.
• Running competitions, prize draws, and promotions.
• Providing information about products and services we offer (if you agree to receive such information).
• Sharing your contact information – but not your product data – with third party organizations who offer products or services that may be of interest to you (if you agree to receive such information).
• Contacting you about specific recruitment opportunities (if you register search criteria information on our recruitment sites).
We do not share your information with other members or disclose which products are good sellers or use your information for profit, gain, or for trending products to be used by Brio Living, its employees, its subsidiaries, any strategic partners, or any other groups associated with Brio Living to gain an edge in the market.
If you wish to receive information about Brio Living products or services please indicate your preferences using the consent boxes when providing us with your Data.
We may also disclose your information to business partners and to third party suppliers we engage to provide services which involve processing data on our behalf, successors in title to our business or in accordance with a properly executed court order, or as otherwise required to do so by law. We reserve the right to fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requiring or requesting us to disclose the identity or other usage details of any user of our sites.
We also use information in aggregate form (so no individual user is identified by name) to:
• Build up marketing profiles
• Aid strategic development.
• Manage our relationship with advertisers
• Audit usage of the site
We use technology on the registration, subscription and manage-my-account pages of some of our websites, which may record user movements including page scrolling, mouse clicks and text entered. That technology will not record financial information such as credit or debit card details. The Data we collect in this way helps us identify usability issues, improve the assistance and technical support we can provide to users, and is also used for aggregated and statistical reporting purposes.
See our Cookies Policy below for more details.
Brio Living businesses have appropriate measures in place to ensure our users’ Data is protected against unauthorized access or use, alteration, unlawful or accidental destruction, and accidental loss. User Data may be transferred outside of Brio Living to data processors such as fulfillment houses but they will act only on our instructions to provide the services required.
Transfer of Data
The Internet is a global environment. Using the Internet to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. By browsing the Brio Living sites and communicating electronically with us you therefore acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal data in this way. By agreeing to our transfer of your Data to third party organizations (for them to send you details about their products and services, as detailed above) you are providing consent to any transfer of your Data to organizations based anywhere in the world.
User Access and Control of Data
If you wish to amend any Data we hold about you or update your marketing preferences, please contact email@example.com.
Please see our Cookies Policy below.
Children Under 14
We do not intentionally collect any information on children under 14 years of age. We will undertake to delete any details of such users where a parent or guardian has notified us that any such details have been obtained.
Changes to this Policy
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files a website may put on your computer or mobile device when you first visit a site or page. The cookie helps that website, or another website, recognize your device the next time you visit. Web beacons or other similar files do the same thing. We use the term “cookies” in this policy to refer to all files that collect information in this way.
Cookies can serve many functions. For example, they may help us remember your username and preferences, analyze how well our website is performing, or even allow us to recommend content we believe will be most relevant to you.
Certain cookies contain personal information. For example, if you select “remember me” when logging in, a cookie will store your username. Most cookies won’t collect information that identifies you personally, and will instead collect more general information such as how you arrive at and use our websites or your general location.
What sort of cookies does BrioCanada.com use?
Generally, our cookies perform up to four different functions:
- Essential Cookies. Some cookies are essential for the operation of our website. For example, some cookies allow us to identify subscribers and ensure they can access the subscription-only pages. If a subscriber opts to disable these cookies, they will not be able to access all the content to which their subscription entitles them.
- Performance Cookies. We utilize other cookies to analyze how our visitors use our websites and to monitor website performance. This allows us to provide a high quality experience by customizing our offerings and quickly identifying and fixing any issues that arise. For example, we might use performance cookies to keep track of which pages are most popular, which method of linking between pages is most effective, and to determine why some pages are receiving error messages. We might also use these cookies to highlight articles or site services that we think will be of interest to you based on your use of the website.
- Functionality Cookies. We use functionality cookies to allow us to remember your preferences. For example, cookies save you the trouble of typing in your username every time you access the site. Cookies recall your customization preferences, such as which regional edition of the website you want to see when you log in. We also use functionality cookies to provide you with enhanced services such as allowing you to watch a video online or comment on a blog.
Advertisers sometimes use their own cookies to provide you with targeted advertising. For example, advertisers may use a profile they have built on sites you have previously visited to present you with more relevant advertisements during your visit to BrioCanada.com. We believe our users prefer to see advertisements that are more relevant to their interests. If you are based in the European Union and would like to learn more about how advertisers use these types of cookies or how to choose not to receive them, please visit www.youronlinechoices.eu. If you are based in the United States and would like to learn more, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices. If you are based in Canada and would like to learn more, please visit www.youradchoices.ca.
We also use or allow third parties to serve cookies that fall into the four categories above. For example, like many companies, we use Google Analytics to help us monitor our website traffic. We may also use third party cookies to help us with market research, revenue tracking, improving site functionality, and monitoring compliance with our Terms and Conditions and Copyright Policy.
Can a website user block cookies?
As explained above, cookies help you to get the most out of our websites.
If you choose to disable cookies, you may find that certain sections of our website do not work properly.
Do we track whether users open our emails?
Our emails may contain a single, campaign-unique “web beacon pixel” to tell us whether our emails are opened and to verify any clickthroughs to links or advertisements within the email. We may use this information for purposes including to determine which of our emails are more interesting to users, to query whether users who do not open our emails wish to continue receiving them, and to inform our advertisers (in aggregate) how many users have clicked on their advertisements. The web beacon pixel is deleted when you delete the email.
This document was last updated on June 20rd, 2016.